November 1, 2023
Introducing ACRE™ Trim Boards
by Modern Mill
An Easy Durable Way to Finish Every Project.
ACRE™ Trim Boards and Dimensional Lumber are a sustainable, low-maintenance, durable alternative with the genuine look and feel of real wood. It’s also a pleasure to work with on the jobsite.
ACRE is lightweight, and easy to carry, yet every piece is strong, rigid, and straight. ACRE is also easy to cut, fasten without predrilling, rout, thermoform, and it accepts paint, stain, and lacquer without primer just like real wood. There is no need for special equipment or training. You can use ordinary woodworking tools, and waste is minimal.
Once your project is complete, you can be confident ACRE will not rot or splinter. It will stand up to water, weather, fire, pests, and UV for years to come and it is backed by an industry-leading materials guarantee. Best of all, ACRE helps protect the home and our world. It is made without harming a single tree, in a zero-waste environment in the U.S.A.
ACRE WORKS LIKE WOOD, BUT BETTER!
- Paintable and stainable. No primer necessary.
- Easy to route, cut and sand in the field with regular woodworking tools.
- Easy on tools. Minimal melting or static-charged dust.
- No harmful dust or residue.
- Pre-drilling not required. Screws and nails will not mushroom.
- Uniform texture throughout and finish-ready, no need to seal or treat ends.
- Genuine warm look and feel of wood.
- Natural-looking grain.
- Endless finish options with water-based paints or stains.
- Thermoform for folded corners, curves, and creative shapes.
- Digitally print directly on ACRE’s surface.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- 100% tree-free.
- Upcycled natural fibers from discarded rice hulls, a rapidly renewable resource.
- Free of phenol, formaldehyde, and adhesives.
- Zero-waste manufacturing.
- 100% recyclable.
- 100% resistant to water, weather, rot, and pests—even termites!
- Guaranteed not to splinter or crack.
- Smooth screw application close to edges, and into sides without splitting.
- Suitable for ground and water contact.
- Sturdy, resists breakage and jobsite damage.
- Debris from cutting will fall and brush off surfaces and clothing (less static cling than traditional PVC).
- Easy on tools when routing, cutting, and screwing.
- Strong screw and nail retention. Superior bond with a wide range of glues and construction adhesives.
- No special maintenance or cleaning methods needed.
- Virtually no moisture absorption so paint lasts longer than on wood.
- Less expansion and contraction than competitive PVC products.
- Lightweight, yet strong and straight.